The StoryHome is a device that is designed to encourage storytelling among family members. Story-time is one of the best times of the day when you're a child, and it would be a shame to have to miss out on that just because your dad or you grandmom happens to be out of town or traveling. This device allows family members to share stories whenever they want, wherever they are.
The device is shaped like a Russian doll and comes with a charging doc and Ethernet or WiFi connectivity. It records stories to its built-in Flash memory, and offers four hours of playback time in addition to several days of standby time.
To use the StoryHome, users can simply press the record button and record a story. This can then be relayed to family members on their StoryHome devices. With this gadget, story-time is always but a click away.
The StoryHome Facilitates Long-Distance Storytelling Among Families
1. Long-distance Storytelling - Opportunities for developing communication gadgets that enable long-distance storytelling between geographically separated family members
2. Connected Devices for Families - Development of more connected devices that help families stay in touch and engage with each other from afar
3. Digital Nostalgia - Growing demand for technology that preserves and revives nostalgic family traditions and experiences
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies could capitalize on the opportunity to manufacture and distribute devices that help families connect from a distance
2. Telecommunications - Telecommunication companies could explore developing technology that enables long-distance storytelling and communication
3. Entertainment - There is an opportunity for the entertainment industry to develop unique content and experiences around digital nostalgia and family storytelling