Many fashion brands are doing the move toward sustainability-focused garments and the latest example of this is London-based streetwear label STORY mfg and its 'Earthtone' collection for the Fall/Winter 2019 season.
One of the strong points of this capsule is that the clothing employs unique artisanal techniques that are the result of creative collaboration that challenge the notion of modernism, uniform cuts, and the use of chemically infused materials. For Fall/Winter 2019, STORY mfg has dedicated its time to ensure the materials that are used for its line are held up to the highest standard. As a result, the 'Earthtone' range boasts the use of fibers that are organic, as well as dyes that are derived naturally from "leaves, bark, roots, heartwood, and fruit."
Photo Credits: Jenna Foxton/ STORY mfg
STORY Mfg Boasts Eco-Friendly Fabrics & Artisan Techniques
1. Sustainability-focused Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore innovative ways to incorporate organic materials and natural dyes into clothing lines.
2. Artisanal Techniques in Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques that challenge traditional modernism and uniform cuts in clothing design.
3. Eco-friendly Fashion Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Discover and introduce new eco-friendly fibers and materials for garment production.
1. Fashion Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace sustainability and artisanal techniques to create unique and eco-friendly fashion lines.
2. Textile Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Research and develop new eco-friendly fibers and natural dyes for the textile industry.
3. Apparel Manufacturing Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Adopt sustainable practices and artisanal techniques in apparel manufacturing processes.