STANLEY Sightings is a new campaign that spotlights just how often STANLEY bottles can be seen in TV shows and movies. The brand is challenging fans to identify 40 films and shows from the past that feature the bottle. All of the shows that contain STANLEY appearances are now grouped on an IMDb watchlist, helping to gamify the challenge.
As well as being supported by social media videos, the STANLEY Sightings campaign will be bolstered by movie-poster-sized out-of-home ads and sponsorship of the Telluride Film Festival in 2019.
As many environmentally conscious people are now looking to reduce their use of single-use plastic bottles by purchasing a reusable beverage container, this campaign helps to reinforce trust in the brand's legacy and prevalence in pop culture.
'STANLEY Sightings' Captures the Appearance of the Bottles in TV & Film
1. Reusable-drinkware Boom - The rise of environmentally conscious consumers looking to reduce plastic waste presents opportunities for companies in the reusable drinkware industry to capture market share.
2. Branded Product Placement - The STANLEY Sightings campaign showcases the potential for brands to leverage product placements in movies and TV shows as a form of advertising and brand recognition.
3. Gamified Advertising - By creating a challenge for fans to identify appearances of STANLEY bottles in films and shows, the campaign demonstrates the potential of gamified advertising strategies to engage and captivate audiences.
1. Drinkware Manufacturing - Manufacturers in the drinkware industry can seize the opportunity to produce and market reusable bottles to meet the growing demand of eco-conscious consumers.
2. Entertainment Marketing - Companies specializing in entertainment marketing can help brands secure prominent product placements in movies and TV shows, leveraging the power of visual media for brand exposure.
3. Advertising Technology - The success of the STANLEY Sightings campaign highlights the potential for advertising technology companies to create engaging gamified experiences that captivate and reward audiences.