The 'Squatty Potty' is a stepping stool that users place under their toilet in order to make their pooping experience a little smoother -- literally. Apparently, science tells us that humans have been doing this wrong ever since the invention of the toilet. While animals squat, humans sit -- enacting a muscle that constricts the colon. Instead, the Squatty Potty positions the body on a 35 degree angle, allowing for easier elimination and reducing colon cancer and hemorrhoids.
While all that is fine and dandy, it does take some creative advertising to encourage people to head out and buy such an embarrassing purchase. So the Harmon Brothers employ straightforward shock advertising, in a similar style to that of the Old Spice ads. A prince is shown explaining the benefits of the stool all while licking an ice cream cone made from the poop of a unicorn -- "soft-served straight from a sphincter."
This 'Squatty Potty' Ad Features Unicorn Poop as Ice Cream Fit for a King
1. Creative Advertising - There is a trend of employing shock advertising to promote products that may be considered embarrassing purchases, like the 'Squatty Potty.'
2. Alternative Health Products - The trend of using alternative health products, such as the 'Squatty Potty,' that challenge conventional methods is gaining traction.
3. Colon Health Awareness - There is an increasing trend of raising awareness about colon health and the importance of proper elimination, which products like the 'Squatty Potty' address.
1. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry has an opportunity to create impactful campaigns for products like the 'Squatty Potty' that require innovative approaches to overcome social taboos.
2. Wellness and Healthcare - Wellness and healthcare industries can explore the potential of alternative health products like the 'Squatty Potty' to improve people's overall well-being and address specific health concerns.
3. Home Goods and Personal Care - The home goods and personal care industries have the opportunity to develop innovative products that optimize comfort and wellness in everyday activities, like using the 'Squatty Potty' for improved toilet posture.