Streetwear imprint Awake NY recently unveiled its Spring teaser collection for the season full of vibrantly colored streetwear staples. The pieces are informed heavily with graphics, along with a distorted logo iteration that is seen across a selection of hats, hoodies, and tees.
Notably, there is also a Michelle Obama graphic that directly spotlights her Princeton graduation photograph. The image is accompanied by a slogan that reads "when they go low, we go high." It comes in four colorway options of white, neon green, salmon, or black. The aforementioned distorted logo graphic is done up in either black or white and features itself on colorways such as neon green, with red text adorning a bright yellow base. The hoodies are accented with a logo informed by embroidery processes, which also comes in a tie-dye colorway that can't be missed.
Awake NY Launches Its Spring Teaser Collection for The Season
1. Graphic-heavy Streetwear - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: explore new methods of graphic design and printing techniques to create unique and eye-catching streetwear pieces.
2. Distorted Logo Iterations - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: develop new ways of distorting logos for a visually striking and unconventional approach to branding in the streetwear industry.
3. Incorporating Influential Figures - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: collaborate with influential personalities, like Michelle Obama, to incorporate their images and messages into streetwear designs, creating a strong connection with customers.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: revolutionize graphic-heavy streetwear by experimenting with unconventional materials and innovative production techniques.
2. Graphic Design - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: push boundaries in graphic design for streetwear, exploring unique styles, visual distortions, and unexpected combinations.
3. Personal Branding - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: integrate personalized graphics and slogans into streetwear, allowing individuals to express their unique identities and opinions through fashion.