London-based designer Katie Eary looked to iconic cartoon characters for her latest Spring Menswear Collection.
Unlike the muted hues of her previous collections, this season's line features an array of vibrant colors and patterns. Cool blues are seen on the legs of pants with an added ombre effect that starts with a darker tone at the waist before moving into a light minty green towards the bottom of the leg. In addition to the bold color, this collection is riddled with My Little Pony motifs. The whimsical silhouettes are showcased on graphic sweaters as well as boxer shorts and button down t-shirts.
These magical motifs add a certain playfulness to the Spring Menswear Collection that results in an eccentric 80s aesthetic contrary to fashion's ongoing 70s revival.
The Katie Eary Spring Menswear Collection Features Mystic Influences
1. Cartoon-inspired Menswear - Taking inspiration from iconic cartoon characters can lead to playful and whimsical designs with an 80s aesthetic.
2. Vibrant Colored Menswear - Using an array of bold, bright colors can result in eye-catching designs that stand out from the current trend of muted hues.
3. Fantastical Motif Menswear - Incorporating mystical motifs such as My Little Pony can add a playful and magical touch to menswear designs.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can create disruptive innovation opportunities by looking beyond traditional influences and incorporating whimsical elements, playful motifs, and vibrant colors into their menswear collections.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Manufacturing companies can capitalize on the trend of colorful and whimsical menswear by producing unique and high-quality textiles that feature mystical motifs and vibrant colors.
3. Retail - Retailers can offer disruptive innovation opportunities by stocking their stores with menswear collections that feature playful and whimsical designs with eye-catching colors and mystical motifs.