Collecting more air miles than you can use? Well, now you can use your air miles to get into space. For two million Virgin Atlantic air miles, you can buy one of the $200,000 tickets on Virgin Galactic's commercial spaceship.
From The Independent:
Passengers on Sir Richard Branson's forthcoming commercial flights into space will have six minutes to somersault freely in zero gravity and contemplate the fragility of the Earth, before strapping themselves in for their return to the California desert.
"The pilot has turned off the 'Fasten seatbelts' sign; you are now free to float around the cabin as you wish," holders of the $200,000 (£107,000) tickets will be told as the Virgin Galactic spaceship reaches an altitude of 90 miles.
Sir Richard unveiled the interior of the Virgin spaceship, promising "the most intense and wonderful experience our passengers have ever had".
Two Million Virgin Atlantic Miles Get You Into Space
1. Air Mile Redemption - More companies could follow and allow air mile redemption for unique experiences.
2. Commercial Space Travel - More companies could offer commercial space travel experiences, disrupting the space tourism industry.
3. Zero Gravity Experiences - Companies can offer zero gravity experiences on earth to simulate space travel, disrupting the travel and entertainment industries.
1. Airline Industry - Airline companies can expand their loyalty programs by offering unique experiences for air mile redemption.
2. Space Tourism Industry - Space tourism companies can compete by offering innovative experiences, such as extended zero gravity floats, to attract customers.
3. Travel and Entertainment Industries - Companies can offer zero gravity experiences on earth to simulate space travel, disrupting traditional travel and entertainment activities.