In March, Trend Hunter introduced you to the Sony Ericsson Black Diamond phone. We liked the Black Diamond because it's one of the hottest designs we've ever seen. Now we have confirmation that the phone will enter into production AND we have a price tag. The catch: it'll run you $300,000. That's a lot for a phone that isn't actually encrusted with diamonds. Production will be limited th just 5 units per year.
This phone is powered by Windows Mobile 5.0 with a 2-inch displa and 400MHz XScale processor. The phone also includes Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 128MB of memory, an SD memory slot, and touch-sensitive keys.
Other over-the-top phones include: Goldvish $1 Million Diamond Phone, the $3,850 Vertu Ascent Luxury Phone, and the Dolce & Gabanna Liquid Gold RAZR V3i.
1. Luxury Phones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating affordable luxury phone alternatives that still offer high-end features and aesthetics.
2. Limited Edition Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the market for limited edition electronic devices beyond luxury phones to create exclusivity and collectability in other product categories.
3. Design-driven Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating cutting-edge technology with stunning design to create visually appealing and functional products that stand out in the market.
1. Luxury Goods - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing luxury goods that cater to affluent consumers' desire for unique and exclusive products.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionizing the consumer electronics industry by combining advanced technology with sophisticated designs to offer premium products that appeal to design-conscious consumers.
3. Mobile Phone Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethinking the traditional mobile phone manufacturing process to incorporate luxury materials, limited edition production, and high-end customization to tap into the luxury market segment.