To many consumers, the idea of adopting solar technology at home seems prohibitively expensive, and those who live in apartments and condos do not have their own roofs on which to install large-scale solar panels. With a new crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, Toronto's Better Current aims to introduce a viable option for those who live in small spaces.
'Jenni' introduces a solution for "solar-powered living in the city" that takes the form of a 5W solar panel, a 20W solar window panel and a battery pack and a hub that can be used to charge portable devices with a renewable energy source throughout the day.
Although there are a number of emerging business that allow consumers to harness alternate energy sources for paying their electricity bills, this small-scale solution has the potential to offset some of a consumer's electricity costs in a simple way.
Better Current's 'Jenni' Makes Solar Technology Accessible for Home Use
1. Compact Solar Chargers - Small-scale solar-powered chargers are becoming increasingly popular as a solution for consumers in small spaces.
2. Renewable Energy for Home Use - Renewable energy products are making it more accessible for consumers to use solar technology at home.
3. Crowdfunding for Renewable Energy - Crowdfunding is becoming an increasingly popular method for companies producing renewable energy products to gain support.
1. Solar Technology - Innovations in small-scale solar solutions like compact chargers are disrupting the renewable energy industry.
2. Renewable Energy - Innovations in renewable energy are having a significant impact on the future of sustainable energy.
3. Crowdfunding - Crowdfunding campaigns are changing the way that companies can bring innovative products to market without the need for traditional funding models.