There are a number of sun-harnessing chargers on the market, but the ‘Solar Beetle’ is one with a most captivating design. The winning winged creature is capable of storing the sun’s heat and converting it into an effective source of power through a standard USB stick.
Designed along with 4000 other entries for the 2010 IIDA Awards, the ‘Solar Beetle’ is a result of hard work by Park Jong Duck, Kimhyelyn and Bora Kim. In a small portable size with an adorable wing-spreading charge indicator, the ‘Solar Beetle’ will buzz life back into all of your handheld gadgets.
Photo Credits: Designboom
The ‘Solar Beetle' Device Charger is an IIDA Award Finalist
1. Eco-friendly Chargers - The 'Solar Beetle' charger represents a growing trend towards environmentally-conscious charging solutions.
2. Solar-powered Devices - As solar technology advances, more devices will be powered by renewable energy sources.
3. Design-centric Electronics - Electronics with unique and captivating designs, like the 'Solar Beetle,' will continue to gain popularity among consumers.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry should seek opportunities to integrate eco-friendly and visually appealing designs into their products.
2. Renewable Energy - The 'Solar Beetle' highlights the potential for solar energy to power everyday devices and could encourage further innovation in the renewable energy industry.
3. Industrial Design - The combination of sustainability and innovation in the 'Solar Beetle' could inspire industrial designers to incorporate similar principles in their work.