With a cheeky slogan that plays with the model's DJ occupation, the Solange Knowles for Madewell video declares: Mix Well, Made Well.
This collaboration is a bold branding move by Jenna Lyons, who is the creative force behind J.Crew and Madewell. The two brands have a cult-like following for their exquisite tailoring and exquisite quality of goods. Choosing Solange for its fall ad campaign seems a natural progression due to the starlet's modeling background. According to the New York Times, she is a perfect fit as her older sister Beyonce has deemed her "so Brooklyn."
Replacing fashion it girl Alexa Chung, the Brooklynite musician looks flawless in the campaign video. She boasts an air of fresh, clean-cut beauty whilst exuding cool. This combination works with the brand's identity perfectly, and will resonate well Madewell's following of smartly dressed hipsters.
The Solange Knowles for Madewell Video Exudes Exemplary Hip Style
1. Bold Branding Moves - Collaborations with unexpected influencers or personalities can create a buzz and attract new customers.
2. Modeling Backgrounds - Choosing models with diverse backgrounds can add authenticity and appeal to fashion campaigns.
3. Cult-like Followings - Building a loyal customer base by consistently delivering high-quality products and tailoring can lead to devoted brand followers.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore collaborations with influencers outside the industry to capture new markets.
2. Advertising - Brands can leverage models with diverse backgrounds to create campaigns that resonate with a wide range of consumers.
3. Retail - Developing a reputation for high-quality products and tailored offerings can cultivate a dedicated customer base.