The 'Social Book' campaign involving Pharrell Williams' book 'Inspiration,' revives the crazy Hunter & the Bear from an old Tipp-Ex ad that went viral years ago. Although the pairing is a totally unexpected one, the campaign is really clever.
The Social Book takes elements from the original Tipp-Ex campaign and has the pages of Pharrell's new book accidentally whited out by the bear. Now, in order for the book to be published and sold, it's relying on people of the Internet to fill in the blanks by guessing the correct words.
It's pretty awesome that if you're the first person to guess any word, you'll get a credit in Pharrell's book. As well, revenues from book sales will support 'From One Hand To AnOTHER,' which provides learning programs for underprivileged kids.
Social Book Participants Could Be Credited in Pharell's New Book
1. Interactive Book Campaigns - Opportunity for brands to engage with consumers through interactive book campaigns, like the 'Social Book' campaign involving Pharrell Williams' book 'Inspiration'.
2. Crowdsourced Content Creation - Potential for utilizing crowd participation to create content, as seen in the 'Social Book' campaign where Internet users fill in the blanks of Pharrell's book.
3. Charitable Marketing Initiatives - Growing trend of incorporating social good into marketing campaigns, such as the 'Social Book' campaign that supports learning programs for underprivileged kids.
1. Publishing - Publisher can leverage interactive book campaigns to encourage consumer engagement and increase book sales.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing professionals to create innovative campaigns that rely on crowdsourcing to create content.
3. Nonprofit and Charity - Nonprofit organizations can collaborate with brands on charitable marketing initiatives to raise awareness and funding for their causes.