Nintendo has begun a process to create a SNES Switch controller. The controller recently surfaced in an FCC filing, along with an image. Limited details are known about the design, however, the SNES Switch controller will have a Bluetooth connection. The image shows what may be ZL and ZR buttons on the top of the device.
On top of the filing, Nintendo announced that it would produce a controller for the Switch. The controller would be the next retro-themed controller for the Nintendo Switch. The company could continue with its retro theme and port old SNES titles onto the switch, lime Super Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda or others. Nintendo has not released a potential release date, or a price point, for its retro-themed switch controller.
The controller would bring a sense of nostalgia to older consumers who can remember using the SNES console device.
Nintendo Has Filed with the FCC for a SNES Switch Controller
1. Retro-themed Gaming Controllers - Creating retro-themed gaming controllers compatible with modern gaming platforms provides an opportunity to tap into nostalgia and target older consumers.
2. Bluetooth-enabled Controllers - Developing controllers with Bluetooth connectivity offers the convenience of wireless gaming and opens up possibilities for innovative gameplay experiences.
3. Revival of Classic Gaming Titles - Porting classic SNES titles onto modern gaming platforms allows for a revival of beloved games, attracting both seasoned gamers and new audiences.
1. Gaming Accessories - Manufacturing and selling retro-themed gaming controllers can create disruption within the gaming accessories industry, capturing a niche market of retro gaming enthusiasts.
2. Wireless Technology - Developing Bluetooth-enabled controllers presents opportunities for companies within the wireless technology sector to innovate and improve connectivity solutions for gaming devices.
3. Video Game Distribution - Porting classic gaming titles onto modern platforms creates opportunities for companies in the video game distribution industry to monetize nostalgic appeal and expand their game library offerings.