Japanese luxury watch brand Grand Seiko is celebrating its 55th anniversary with the launch of an all-new 44GS model called the 'SLGH013G,' which is said to draw its design inspiration from Mount Iwate. Grand Seiko's 'Studio Shizukuishi' is actually situated right next to this famous Japanese mountain, making it a fitting inspiration for the watchmaker.
The new timepiece features a full Ever-Brilliant Steel construction. For those unfamiliar, Ever-Brilliant Steel is a new kind of metal that is highly resistant to corrosion and one that has grown in popularity in recent years, especially amongst luxury jewelers and watchmakers. As for its overall design, the SLGH013G serves to revive the 1960s 44GS model while introducing a pale blue dial and beautiful Zaratsu polishing.
Image Credit: Grand-Seiko
Grand Seiko's 'SLGH013G' Watch Draws Inspiration from Mt. Iwate
1. Snowy Mountain-inspired Timepieces - Luxury watch brands are drawing inspiration from nature to create unique and visually stunning timepieces, presenting an opportunity for environmentally conscious, nature-inspired innovation in the luxury watch industry
2. Ever-brilliant Steel in Luxury Watches - The increasing popularity of Ever-Brilliant Steel in luxury watches represents an opportunity to develop new, high-performance metals for the luxury jewelry and watchmaking industries
3. Reviving Vintage Models - Bringing back classic vintage designs in modern luxury watches presents an opportunity for older, traditional watchmakers to appeal to younger audiences and establish themselves as trendsetters in the industry
1. Luxury Watchmaking - The luxury watchmaking industry should explore sustainable, eco-conscious materials and designs that are inspired by nature to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers
2. Luxury Jewelry - The luxury jewelry industry should consider incorporating Ever-Brilliant Steel into their designs to offer high-performance, corrosion-resistant products to their customers
3. Traditional Watchmaking - Traditional watchmakers have the opportunity to revive vintage models with modern twists to appeal to younger consumers and carve out a unique, niche space in the luxury watch industry