Salesforce announced that it is releasing 'Slack Canvas' for users in its early testing program. Following this testing period, though, the feature will be accessible to all users. Slack Canvas, at its core, is a real-time collaboration feature that allows each user in a chat room to work on a document simultaneously or asynchronously, if desired.
The Slack Canvas will feature a changelog that shows the time and details surrounding edits made by each participant. This is an effective workplace tool that essentially blends the convenience of services like Google Docs with real-time workplace chat apps, which is convenient as it will not demand that collaborators link to an external source, as all documents will be accessible directly from Slack.
Additionally, Slack noted that this service will be available on the Slack mobile application at launch.
Image Credit: Salesforce, Slack
Slack Added the 'Canvas' Feature to its Chat Platform
1. Real-time Collaboration - Slack Canvas promotes real-time collaboration amongst users.
2. In-app Document Editing - Slack Canvas eliminates the need for external document editing applications.
3. Changelog Tracking - The Slack Canvas Changelog promotes transparency and accountability with tracked edits.
1. Technology - Slack Canvas integrates well with technology industries including software development and IT.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Slack Canvas facilitates collaboration within marketing and advertising teams with real time editing and changelog tracking.
3. Education - Slack Canvas can be utilized for educational purposes, with in-app editing and real-time collaboration between students, professors, and staff alike.