Pokémon Go is nothing short of a cultural phenomenon it seems, with everyone seemingly addicted to catching the creatures on their phones wherever they might be -- including iconic cartoon fathers in a new Simpson's parody titled 'Pokémon Now?' that promotes the show.
Homer's not known to be the most attentive father in the world as it is, which the show's creators interpret for the purposes of a short ad that shows him ignoring Bart and Lisa at the zoo as he stares into his smartphone.
The Simpsons parody shows how the Pokémon Go obsession is taking over realities for many people, with Homer choosing to find characters in the game rather than pay attention to the real animals in front of him. Bart and Lisa comically yell to get Homer's attention, saying things like "Dad, a mother giraffe is giving birth," "Dad, I'm walking on the wall along the lion pit" and "Dad, the baby giraffe is taking its first steps" -- however he barely takes his eyes off the game.
A New Simpsons Parody Shows Homer Playing Pokémon Go at the Zoo
1. Cartoon Parody Promotions - The success of 'Pokémon Now?' suggests that there is a growing opportunity for brands to create funny parodies featuring well-known cartoon characters to promote their products and services.
2. Ar-based Advertising - The popularity of Pokémon Go has created a new opportunity for brands to use augmented reality technology to engage with their target audience in new and innovative ways.
3. Digital Distractions - As people become increasingly addicted to their smartphones and other digital devices, there is a growing opportunity for brands to address this phenomenon by developing products and services that help people disconnect from the digital world and reconnect with the real world.
1. Marketing and Advertising - The success of 'Pokémon Now?' suggests that marketing and advertising companies can capitalize on the popularity of cultural phenomena to create funny and engaging campaigns that resonate with their target audience.
2. Gaming - As augmented reality technology continues to advance, there is a growing opportunity for gaming companies to create new titles that incorporate AR and offer players unique and immersive gaming experiences.
3. Wellness - As digital distractions become a growing concern for many people, there is a growing opportunity for wellness companies to create products and services that help people disconnect from their digital devices and lead more balanced lives.