Sigma, a one-time lens manufacturer turned camera manufacturer, has announced the release of the second edition of the Sigma DP digital SLR (DP2).
The Sigma DP2 resembles a standard point-and-shoot digital camera; however, it operates with precision beyond its size.
The DP2 SLR ($699) is strapped with 14 megapixel FAVEON image sensor, a 24mm/f2.8 lens and can produce high definition photos at 720p quality.
Sigma had great success and support for the first edition DP and is now poised to expand that with the DP2.
The Sigma DP2 SLR Flashes Onto the Scene
1. High Definition Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced image sensors to capture even higher resolution and quality photos.
2. Compact SLR Cameras - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design smaller and more portable DSLR cameras without compromising on features and image quality.
3. Camera Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative and versatile accessories that enhance the functionality and capabilities of digital cameras.
1. Photography Equipment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new camera technologies and equipment to meet the growing demands of professional and amateur photographers.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine cutting-edge camera technology with other electronic devices to create multi-functional and integrated gadgets.
3. Digital Imaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Improve image processing software and algorithms to optimize the output quality of digital cameras and enhance user experience.