Ahead of Human Trafficking Awareness Day on February 22nd and in an effort to start a dialogue about the horrific issue, Covenant House launched a remarkable new campaigned, dubbed 'Shoppable Girls.' Positioned as a social media advertisement, the campaign showcases a "collection" of young girls with names like 'The Maya' or 'The Amara' alongside their age and price.
The Shoppable Girls campaign highlights how sex trafficking can happen to anyone and that victims can't always be immediately identified as the signs are often misunderstood. With its eye-catching concept, the campaign hopes to reach younger people and educate them about the myths of sex trafficking and warning signs to better protect themselves and others.
Image Credit: Covenant House
Covenant House Toronto Launched the Shoppable Girls Campaign
1. Sex Trafficking Awareness Campaigns - There is a growing trend for campaigns that use a shock factor to raise awareness for the realities of sex trafficking.
2. Social Media Marketing Campaigns - Social media campaigns have become a vital tool for awareness-raising in the fight against sex trafficking.
3. Youth Education on Sex Trafficking Prevention - An increasing trend focuses on educating youth about the realities of sex trafficking and how to identify and prevent it.
1. Nonprofit Organizations - Nonprofits can use campaigns like 'Shoppable Girls' to bring attention to the realities of sex trafficking and raise funds for prevention efforts.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms can work to combat sex trafficking by partnering with nonprofits and providing resources to victims.
3. Education - Both traditional educational institutions and online education programs can play a role in educating young people about sex trafficking prevention.