Retail industry pros Seth Harris and Lacy Bell bring us Badcock Apparel. They set up a pop-up shop in Downtown Columbus, Ohio during the 2009 holiday season. Their store was conceived and constructed within ten days.
Their line of sexy t-shirts is not for the timid. The graphics include celebrations of sexuality and hidden ways of sporting the word sixty-nine. Don’t know what Neunundsechzig means? No, they didn’t just slap a random word onto the chest of a shirt, it means “sixty-nine,” in German. “I ‘heart’ ####,” also seems to be a popular choice. Rather than use the word ‘####,’ it is replaced with the graphic of a bold rooster.
Their wares are available for both men and women. They have been featured in Inked Magazine and Jonathan Antin (hair guru and star of Bravo’s Shear Genius) has been spotted in his Badcock Apparel tee.
Upon the purchase of a Badcock shirt, you will also receive a black rubber bracelet, which they call a “Famous Badcock Ring.”
You can get yourself into one of these sexy shirts by visiting their website.
Creators, Harris and Bell, are also known for their innovative work at Stingray Studios.
Badcock Apparel by Seth Harris and Lacy Bell
1. Risqué Apparel - Opportunity for entrepreneurs to create provocative clothing lines that push the boundaries of social norms.
2. Pop-up Shops - Emerging trend in the retail industry where temporary stores are quickly set up to generate buzz and sales during specific time periods.
3. Graphic T-shirt Design - Growing demand for unique and edgy graphics on t-shirts, catering to consumers who want to express their individuality.
1. Fashion Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the trend of risqué apparel by offering a selection of provocative clothing to attract a niche market.
2. Event Marketing - Opportunity for event planning companies to incorporate pop-up shops into their strategies, creating unique experiences for customers and driving sales.
3. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can explore the market of custom t-shirt designs, catering to the growing demand for unique and edgy graphics.