The latest of the Sesame Street parodies is Harry Potter featuring Cookie Monster as the main broomstick-riding protagonist known as Furry Potter. In Furry Potter and the Goblet of Cookies, a bespectacled Gryffindor colors-clad Cookie Monster must navigate through a number of tasks aimed at developing his listening skills. His reward: eating a glowing goblet of cookies similar to the Goblet of Fire in the fourth instalment of the Harry Potter series. With the help of Professor Crumblemore, Furry Potter sorts cookies into different colored pots. There is even an appearance from a muppetized spider in the banner-decorated Great Hall.
The beloved blue cookie-crazed muppet has been featured in a few other fantasy-focused Sesame Street parodies as well, including Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.
Cookie Monster-Starring Sesame Street Parodies Now Include Harry Potter
1. Fantasy Parodying - Creating parodies of popular fantasy franchises, like Harry Potter, using beloved characters such as Cookie Monster.
2. Educational Entertainment - Using entertaining parodies to teach important skills, such as listening skills, to children.
3. Cross-franchise Collaborations - Merging different franchises, such as Sesame Street and Harry Potter, to create unique and engaging content.
1. Children's Entertainment - Opportunity for children's entertainment companies to create educational and entertaining content through parodying popular franchises.
2. Media and Publishing - Opportunity for media and publishing companies to explore cross-franchise collaborations and create unique content that appeals to a wide audience.
3. Education and Training - Opportunity for educational institutions and training providers to utilize entertaining parodies as a tool to teach important skills to children and adults.