The Chinese ride-hailing company Didi Chuxing will soon launch self-driving taxis. This will make the organization the first-ever large scale autonomous ride-hailing company in China. The vehicles will feature Level 4 autonomous technology and will be released in the Jiading district, located in Shangai. A specific launch date has not currently been announced.
The Shanghai government approved the self-driving taxis to begin testing. However, the cars will have a human driver present in order to address safety concerns. The fleet of cars will consist of 30 different models that all feature Level 4 autonomous driving capabilities.
Self-driving taxi services are the future of ride-hailing, and the Didi Chuxingn company has begun to blaze a trail for other companies in Chiana and internationally to follow.
Image Credit: Didi Chuxing
The Didi Chuxing Company Will Launch Self-Driving Taxis in China
1. Self-driving Taxis - The launch of autonomous taxis by Didi Chuxing paves the way for the future of ride-hailing services.
2. Level 4 Autonomous Technology - The use of Level 4 autonomous technology in Didi Chuxing's taxis opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for the transportation industry.
3. Large Scale Autonomous Ride-hailing - Didi Chuxing's introduction of large scale autonomous ride-hailing services sets a new standard in the industry and creates opportunities for others to follow suit.
1. Ride-hailing - The autonomous taxi launch by Didi Chuxing disrupts the traditional ride-hailing industry and encourages other players to embrace self-driving technology.
2. Transportation - The use of Level 4 autonomous technology in Didi Chuxing's taxis presents disruptive innovation opportunities within the transportation industry.
3. Automotive - The introduction of large scale autonomous ride-hailing services by Didi Chuxing creates a demand for innovation in the automotive industry.