SAVE:US is a ceiling light that can turn into a flashlight when disasters hit.
Designed by Jo Joo Hyun, Choi Sung Hun, Jin Min Hee and Park So Jeing, this concept lighting fixture is a handy tool to have around when lighting is limited. It's designed for building corridors so people can get access to visibility during evacuations.
During normal days, the SAVE:US light acts as an average light dispenser but in times of need, it becomes a flashlight to help guide people to safety. To activate it, users have to pull down the electronic torch, which dismantles easily. It's equipped with a GPS system so rescuers can trace people's movements and whereabouts. The light is always ready to go as it charges during non-emergency times.
SAVE:US is a Lighting Fixture That Can Transform Into a Flashlight
1. Dual-purpose Lighting - The design of lighting fixtures that serve as both a regular light and a flashlight presents opportunities for companies to create multifunctional products with high demand.
2. Emergency-ready Products - As more natural disasters occur, there is a growing demand for products that can help people during emergencies, creating opportunities for companies to create more innovative, emergency-focused products.
3. Smart Lighting - Integrating smart technology with lighting fixtures, such as GPS tracking capabilities, provides opportunities for companies to create products that can serve multiple purposes and enhance safety measures.
1. Lighting Industry - Companies in the lighting industry can explore new design possibilities for lighting fixtures that serve multiple purposes and cater to emergency situations.
2. Emergency Preparedness Industry - There is potential for companies in the emergency preparedness industry to partner with lighting companies to create products that enhance safety measures for people during crises.
3. Smart Technology Industry - The incorporation of smart technology in lighting fixtures presents opportunities for companies in the smart technology industry to expand their product offerings and cater to a wider audience.