In a marketing effort to promote its new 'Galaxy 8' smartphone, Samsung Ireland transformed the Samuel Beckett Bridge into a real, functional harp.
The bridge, which already bares a striking resemblance to the musical instrument, was converted for a night as a creative iteration of Samsung's 'Do Bigger Things' campaign. Through the initiative, the team brightened the bridge's cables, and used special software to connect each cable to a specific string on harpist Aisling Ennis' instrument. Every time the musician strummed a chord, a corresponding cable would light up, creating the impression that the bridge was being played.
The creative team behind the project aimed to reimagine the bridge in an entirely new light to both inspire and entertain those who had the chance to witness it.
Samsung Transformed the Samuel Beckett Bridge into a Playable Harp
1. Playable Infrastructure - The integration of musical elements into infrastructure that can be played, creating interactive experiences for the public and potential promotional opportunities.
2. Interactive Marketing Campaigns - Using innovative and interactive experiences for marketing campaigns to capture consumers’ attention and encourage engagement with the brand.
3. Creative Technological Innovation - Using new technologies and creative concepts to transform everyday objects or places into unique and memorable experiences for the public.
1. Smartphone Companies - Creating promotional events and experiences that showcase new technologies offered in smartphones.
2. Infrastructure Construction - Incorporating innovative and creative designs into infrastructure projects that can provide additional value, such as offering public interactive experiences.
3. Advertising and Marketing Agencies - Developing interactive and experiential campaigns to help companies connect with customers and build memorable brand experiences.