Classic rock lovers will find the summer/spring 2014 line for Saint Laurent menswear mind-blowing. The Saint Laurent Paris runway show is nostalgia-inducing, with 50s-resembling ambiance in everything from the music to the collection.
The set is dark for the first three minutes, with nothing but the flickers of camera flashes and trance-like sounds. The show’s soundtrack has a 50s feel, especially the opening song by chamber-pop singer Sam Flax that consists of screeches of an electric guitar infused with a bit of funk. Decorated with bamboo-esque bars and grid-like lights, the set feels comfortable, but the pieces that run down the catwalk are more overwhelming.
Immaculately put together, the models are sporting studded leather jackets, glitter, glossy reds and animal prints and even some red handkerchiefs around the neck. Rockerish details like distinct black stretcher earrings or the buckles on pointy “winklepicker” shoes are accentuated.
Saint Laurent Menswear for S/S 2014 Revamps Classic Rocker Looks
1. Vintage-inspired Menswear - There is an opportunity for designers to create new collections inspired by classic styles from different eras.
2. Revamped Retro Music - Music producers can create new tracks that combine classic rock sounds with modern elements.
3. Fusion of Styles - The blending of different styles from various eras is a trend that could be explored by designers and influencers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore vintage-inspired collections for upcoming seasons, utilizing classic styles of different eras.
2. Music - Music industry professionals can create new tracks that are a fusion of classic rock elements with modern sounds and technology.
3. Influencer Marketing - Influencers can focus on showcasing and blending styles from different eras to inspire new fashion trends.