The Ruby Spring 2011 collection puts together bright colors and flowing pieces to create an overall sweet look. The many dresses are fresh and girly available in simple spring prints. The blue and white polka-dotted â€œBilly Dressâ€ is my favorite from the collection. The summer lookbook also features classy loose shorts paired with ruffles and cropped tops. The Ruby Spring 2011 collection stays within a soft neutral palette.
Implications - As North American media becomes saturated with highly sexualized imagery, consumers have now grown apathetic towards sex-based advertising. Advertising campaigns that emphasize conservation and classiness instead are garnering much more attention from the general public.
The Ruby Spring 2011 Collection Has Girly Charm
1. Girly Clothing Collections - Creating collections that emphasize femininity and sweetness over sexualization of women.
2. Soft Neutral Palettes - Using soft, muted colors in clothing to create a calming appeal.
3. Flowing Pieces - Designing clothing with flowing, loose shapes for a comfortable yet stylish look.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can develop clothing collections that appeal to consumers tired of sexualized imagery.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the trend of feminine clothing by stocking flowing, girly pieces.
3. Advertising - Ad campaigns can shift away from sexualized imagery and focus on promoting conservation and classiness.