KISS frontman and long tongue possessor Gene Simmons has launched a line of leather handbags to follow up the 'Kiss Kasket.' The collection is called Money Bags and is accented with a logo depicting, as the title suggests, bags of money with an embossed dollar sign .
Gene Simmons' masculine leather handbag collection includes a duffle bag for $700 that is meant to "...be filled with bundles of loot and stashed away in the hull of a catamaran, until the money can be spent on watching the sunset and drinking rum for years on end," says the store's item descriptions. There is also a stylish Vegas Size Messenger Bag and a larger Monte Carlo Size Messenger Bag.
Considering Simmons' extravagant rock 'n roll reputation, the bags are extremely marketable and classic looking.
The Money Bags collection also includes t-shirts, wallets, belts and hats.
Gene Simmons' Money Bags
1. Luxury Men's Handbags - The trend of luxury men's handbags is growing as celebrities like Gene Simmons launch their own collections, presenting an opportunity for other designers to create stylish and functional options for men.
2. Brand Extension in Fashion - Gene Simmons' launch of a handbag collection shows the trend of brand extension in the fashion industry, creating opportunities for other brands to expand their offerings and reach new customer segments.
3. Cultural Shifting Gender Norms - The introduction of Gene Simmons' rockstar-inspired man-bags reflects the cultural shift towards challenging traditional gender norms in fashion, providing an opportunity for brands to cater to a more diverse range of customers.
1. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can explore the growing trend of luxury men's handbags and brand extension opportunities to cater to the changing preferences of male consumers.
2. Celebrity Merchandising - The celebrity merchandise industry can capitalize on the success of Gene Simmons' handbag collection by partnering with other influential personalities to create unique and marketable fashion products.
3. Gender-inclusive Fashion - The gender-inclusive fashion industry can leverage the cultural shift towards challenging traditional gender norms, as seen in Gene Simmons' collection, to create inclusive and fashionable options for all customers.