A Singaporean startup that goes by the name of AiTreat has developed a real treat for those of us who enjoy getting a great massage -- it's a robotic massage contraption that has been named Emma.
Developed by Albert Zhang, a graduate of Nanyang Technological University, this robotic massage contraption is initialized by therapists who physically guide the robot through the type of massage that needs to be performed. The robot then takes over on its own by using a high-tech combination of 3D stereoscopic imaging systems and a pressure-sensitive massage tip that is capable of studying patient's responses. Data is then uploaded to a cloud, so that therapists can figure out how to optimize the robotic massage.
This technology could prove particularly useful in the world of sports therapy and acupoint treatments as a means of assisting human therapists.
This Device Uses Imaging and Pressure-Sensing to Give Robotic Massages
1. Robotic Massage Therapy - Opportunity for the development of more advanced and autonomous robotic massage devices.
2. Data-driven Therapies - Opportunity to use data collected from robotic massage therapy to optimize and personalize treatments.
3. Integration of AI in Healthcare - Opportunity to integrate artificial intelligence and robotics in healthcare for improved therapeutic outcomes.
1. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity to transform the delivery of therapeutic services through robotic massage devices.
2. Sports Therapy - Opportunity to enhance sports therapy treatments by combining human expertise with robotic massage technology.
3. Technology Development - Opportunity for entrepreneurs and engineers to design and create more advanced robotic massage systems.