I'm in love with the Jean Paul Gaultier gown Rihanna wore to the 2010 NRJ Awards in Cannes. The two-layer gown featured a long metallic skirt topped with a sheer lace slip. At first glance, the white gown's high slit looks downright dangerous; upon closer inspection, however, the metallic skirt oozes drama.
You can see more images of Rihanna at the 2010 NRJ Awards above. While I wouldn't necessarily rock this out on the town here in San Diego, I definitely appreciate Jean Paul Gaultier's design.
Rihanna Mixes Metallic and Lace at the 2010 NRJ Awards
1. Retro-futuristic Fashion - This trend presents an opportunity for designers to merge futuristic elements with vintage aesthetics, creating unique and eye-catching garments.
2. Metallic and Lace Combination - The combination of metallic fabrics and delicate lace offers a new way for designers to play with contrasting textures, resulting in stunning and glamorous outfits.
3. Dramatic High Slits - Designers can explore the use of high slits in gowns to create a sense of drama and allure, adding an element of surprise to traditional red carpet looks.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can incorporate retro-futuristic elements and experiment with the metallic and lace combination to create innovative and cutting-edge designs for the red carpet.
2. Textile Manufacturing - With the increasing demand for retro-futuristic fashion, textile manufacturers can develop new fabrics and materials that combine metallic finishes with delicate lace to meet the needs of designers.
3. Red Carpet Fashion Styling - Stylists can explore the use of dramatic high slits in gowns to create bold and attention-grabbing looks for celebrities attending red carpet events.