Porsche recently revealed a new rear-wheel-drive version of the Taycan, however, it will only be released in Chinese markets. The rear-wheel-drive edition of the Porsche Taycan will be listed at a price that is reduced by 20% when compared to the all-wheel-drive version, which means the car will be approximately $85,000 USD.
Porsche’s new EV will feature either a 79.2kWh Performance Battery or a 93.4kW Performance Battery Plus. The Performance Battery can produce 402HP, and the Performance Battery Plus can produce 469HP. The rear-wheel-drive version of the car may also have a slightly longer range than the previous edition. The older version has a range listed at 252 miles, while the rear-wheel-drive edition has a range of 257 miles.
Image Credit: Porsche
Porsche Revealed a Rear-Wheel-Drive Edition of the Taycan EV
1. Electric Sports Cars - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop affordable electric sports cars with rear-wheel-drive to appeal to a broader consumer base.
2. Chinese EV Market - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Enter the Chinese EV market with specialized rear-wheel-drive electric cars to capitalize on the growing demand.
3. Extended Range Batteries - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in research and development for high-performing batteries to further expand the range of electric vehicles.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative rear-wheel-drive electric sports cars to disrupt the traditional automotive industry.
2. Electric Vehicle - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop strategic partnerships with Chinese EV manufacturers to penetrate the expanding market with rear-wheel-drive electric cars.
3. Battery Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in advanced battery technologies for electric vehicles to enhance performance and maximize range.