Students at the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) have developed a robot that will assist the Waukesha (Wisconsin) Police Department in dispersing treacherous face-offs. This real life Robocop is designed to function with both cellular and WiFi technologies and embedded with video capabilities and two-way communications. The students are still working on its radio-control system that works reliably through walls, strictly limiting its utility but once they find a wireless standard that can function through physical barriers it will immediately seek the notorious criminals.
1. Real-time Communication - The development of a robot with video capabilities and two-way communications opens up opportunities for real-time communication in various industries.
2. Wireless Technology - Finding a wireless standard that can function through physical barriers presents disruptive innovation opportunities in industries where reliable communication is crucial.
3. Robotics in Law Enforcement - The use of robots in assisting police departments showcases the potential for disruptive innovation in the law enforcement industry.
1. Security - The real life Robocop has the potential to disrupt the security industry by enhancing surveillance capabilities and real-time communication.
2. Telecommunications - Developing a wireless standard that works reliably through walls can bring about disruptive innovation in the telecommunications industry, improving network connectivity and coverage.
3. Emerging Technologies - The integration of robotics, wireless technologies, and real-time communication in law enforcement highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in the emerging technologies industry.