The Railz Conversion Kit, from Flowlab allows you to transform your skateboard into a mini snowboard. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy a snowboard, but at only $50 for the equipment that could be a factor. The suspension system lets you turn and ollie on the slopes just like the way you can on the streets or skate parks. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - As many individuals within society are still recovering from the recent economic recession, there is a strong demand for multi-function products. Consumers are seeking out products that will provide convenience and efficiency within their lifestyles. Businesses will appeal to these consumers by providing products that can be used in a variety of different situations.
1. Multi-function Products - Creating products that can be used in a variety of different situations will appeal to consumers seeking convenience and efficiency.
2. Economic Recovery - As society recovers from the recession, there is a demand for affordable products that provide value for money.
3. Recreational Adaptations - Developing products that allow users to adapt existing equipment for different recreational activities can tap into niche markets.
1. Sporting Goods - The sporting goods industry can benefit from creating multi-function products that cater to consumer demand for convenience and efficiency.
2. Outdoor Recreation - The outdoor recreation industry can capitalize on the economic recovery by offering affordable products that provide value for money to consumers.
3. Skateboard Industry - The skateboard industry has an opportunity to tap into a niche market by developing products that allow users to adapt their skateboards for different recreational activities.