Sex and violence sells, we can all agree to that, but there is a growing desire, a craving, for more and better shock-inducing entertainment to feed increasingly desensitized audiences.
The world premiere of the Batman 'Arkham Asylum' trailer, featuring the villainous eye-catching Harley Quinn, aims to fill that niche. By reason of alcohol reference, blood, mild language, tobacco reference, violence and suggestive themes, this game has earned the ESRB content rating: TEEN.
Implications - If you're a gamer of any sort, you will find yourselves playing this trailer over and over again. While it may not be up for an Oscar, I am certainly excited for this flick to hit theaters.
World Premiere of Batman 'Arkham Asylum'
1. Provocative Video Game Trailers - Opportunity for creating more shock-inducing entertainment to cater to increasingly desensitized audiences.
2. Growing Desire for Shock-inducing Entertainment - Opportunity to capitalize on the craving for more and better provocative content.
3. Focus on Eye-catching Villains - Opportunity to explore the appeal of visually striking antagonists in video game trailers.
1. Video Game Industry - Opportunity for game developers to create more provocative and visually stunning trailers to attract gamers.
2. Film Industry - Opportunity for filmmakers to incorporate provocative elements from video game trailers into their movies.
3. Entertainment Industry - Opportunity for the entertainment industry to tap into the market demand for shock-inducing content across various mediums.