Japanese fashion label Iroquois introduced a series of provocative menswear designs for the Spring/Summer 2020 season. It explores elegant looks that are packed with baggy tops and oversized trousers as well as playful; graphic tees and shirts. The wide trousers set the foundation of the seasonal collection's overall design language, rooted in heavy patternings informed on the shirts and relaxed tailored cuts.
The tailored detailing adds a touch of formal elements to designs that appear to be relaxed. Additionally, the collection also features billowy trench coats and soft knitwear that are accompanied by denim coats for layering. This offering is perfectly paired with the flared jeans and raw-hemmed denim to form an elegant Canadian tuxedo. For additional layering options are the cardigans and light sweaters and accessories include ties and berets.
Iroquois Explores Oversized Structures for the SS20 Season
1. Oversized Menswear - Designing menswear that features oversized structures and baggy tops presents an opportunity for brands to create a unique and provocative look.
2. Relaxed Tailoring - Combining formal tailored detailing with a relaxed look in menswear can create a fresh and elegant approach to fashion.
3. Canadian Tuxedo - Embracing the Canadian tuxedo trend by pairing denim coats with jeans presents a unique and playful take on layering.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can use oversized structures and playful layering techniques to create unique and provocative menswear designs that stand out in a crowded industry.
2. Retail - Retail companies can market and sell oversized menswear and Canadian tuxedo pieces to a target audience looking for a fresh and unique approach to fashion.
3. Textile - Textile companies can research and develop new fabrics and materials that lend themselves well to the oversized structures and playful layering techniques seen in Iroquois' SS20 collection.