Project Green Apple is an activist group that has released this video of an iPad being torched by four blow torches. The beginning of the video claims that "Apple's supplier policy requires proper environmental practices." Apple's actual practices have shown 62 reported cases of worker "n-hexane poisoning and 2700 potential exposures," demonstrating the lack of cooperation with their supposed practices.
Project Green Apple is trying to raise awareness about Apple's recycling practices in hopes to change the way they effect the earth. Such a large corporation should stay in line with their outlined responsibilities.
Project Green Apple Protests Apple's Recycling Policies by Torching an iPad
1. Activist Tech - There is a growing trend of activist groups leveraging technology and viral videos to raise awareness about corporate practices.
2. Sustainable Electronics - Consumers are increasingly demanding more sustainable and environmentally friendly electronic products, calling for disruptive innovations in the electronics industry.
3. Transparency and Accountability - There is a rising trend of consumers actively seeking transparency and holding companies accountable for their actions and environmental impact.
1. Tech Manufacturing - The tech manufacturing industry can capitalize on the growing demand for sustainable practices and transparent supply chains, creating disruptive innovations that align with consumer values.
2. Environmental Activism - The environmental activism industry can leverage technology and social media platforms to empower individuals and groups in their efforts to raise awareness and drive change.
3. Recycling Solutions - The recycling industry can explore disruptive innovations in electronic waste recycling to address the environmental impact of discarded electronic devices.