The Teva Respiratory ProAir Digihaler is an advanced healthcare solution for patients aged four and up that will provide them with a way to treat or prevent bronchospasm in a modern manner.
The inhaler is packed with sensors that connect to a user's smartphone via Bluetooth in order to let them keep track of how often it's used, what the peak inspiratory flow is and more. This could enable them to make adjustments to their treatment or allow them to share the data with their healthcare professional to help manage their condition more effectively.
Executive Vice President of North America Commercial Brendan O'Grady spoke on the Teva Respiratory ProAir Digihaler saying, "The launch of ProAir Digihaler and its companion app provides a great opportunity for bringing a new digital health tool to asthma and COPD patients in the United States. We are especially proud to provide our first Digihaler product at a time when digital health technology is growing and continues to transform patient care, since it will enable patients to electronically record and monitor their rescue inhaler use.”
The Teva Respiratory ProAir Digihaler Keeps Users Connected
1. Connected Inhalers - The use of Bluetooth technology in inhalers can provide patients with data to monitor and adjust their treatment.
2. Healthcare Wearables - Inhalers with integrated sensors and companion apps have opened up opportunities for combining wearables with digital health technology.
3. Data-driven Healthcare - Inhalers with Bluetooth connectivity can enable data collection and sharing between patients and healthcare professionals for more effective treatment.
1. Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical companies can invest in the development of connected inhalers and companion apps to provide patients with more effective and personalized treatment.
2. Healthtech - The integration of digital health technology with inhalers and other medical devices presents opportunities for healthtech companies to create new products and services.
3. Telemedicine - Connected inhalers can make telemedicine more effective by providing healthcare professionals with data to monitor and adjust treatment remotely.