The New York-based fashion label releases the new Private Policy Fall/Winter 2018 collection recalling inspiration from the past. The label draws influence from late and great actor Charlie Chaplin from decades ago. Chaplin is perhaps best known for the comedic film, The Great Dictator which mocked Nazi leader Adolf Hitler. The actor stood for his value in freedom, humanity, and justice in creating this film exposing the dictator's cruelty and self-righteousness.
The Private Policy Fall/Winter 2018 collection is created to stand up for what the label believes is right, which is "anti nuclear weapon, anti dictatorship, and anti ignorance" values. The pieces feature military uniforms and non gender-conforming silhouettes. The entire capsule sits between a balance of streetwear and high fashion.
Image Credit: Private Policy
Private Policy Fall/Winter 2018 Collection Recalls Charlie Chaplin
1. Unisex Military-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to explore gender-neutral silhouettes with military influences.
2. Actor-inspired Collections - Opportunity for fashion designers to create collections inspired by iconic actors and their values.
3. Political Fashion Statements - Opportunity for fashion brands to align with and express political values through their collections.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion designers to create innovative collections inspired by iconic actors and their values.
2. Gender-neutral Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to explore non-gender conforming silhouettes in their designs.
3. Political Activism - Opportunity for businesses to create collections with a political message and align with customer values.