This printed cloth map kills two birds with one stone—when on a hike, it will keep you sweat-free and on course. The Handkerchief Map by Creative Design is printed to look just like Japan's iconic Mt. Fuji at two different scales. Unlike cotton or silk handkerchiefs, this one is fast-drying, which comes from being crafted of microfiber. As well, it's way easier to fold up and scrunch in your pocket than a regular paper map, plus there's no worry about water damage.
In August, Creative Design has plans to release two more printed microfiber map designs that look like Mt. Takao and the Jimba trail, as well as Mt. Mitake in Okutama. Each hanky retails for about $20 and they would make pretty novel gifts for those who love to be outdoors.
Creative Design's Printed Cloth Map is a Lookalike of Mt. Fuji
1. Printed Microfiber Maps - Creative Design's Handkerchief Map demonstrates the potential for printed microfiber maps in outdoor activities.
2. Functional Outdoor Accessories - The Handkerchief Map is an example of how functional outdoor accessories can enhance an outdoor experience.
3. Novelty Outdoor Gifts - The Handkerchief Map presents a unique opportunity for companies to create novel outdoor gifts.
1. Outdoor Retail - The outdoor retail industry can explore the potential for creating and selling printed microfiber maps like the Handkerchief Map.
2. Travel Retail - The travel retail industry can offer printed microfiber maps as a convenient, lightweight alternative to traditional paper maps for travelers.
3. Promotional Products - The promotional products industry can leverage the Handkerchief Map's novelty and functionality as a unique promotional item for outdoor events or companies.