Updating classical techniques for food storage, Preserves by Mathias Hahn is aesthetically pleasing with its modernist design.
Industrial materials such as concrete and metal were combined with glass by the Hahn to rival conventional jars in which one would store delicious jams. The look of these new-age containers aims to update traditional methods for storing food over the winter.
Each piece interprets classical methods of preserving food in a way that optimizes aesthetics as well as utility. For instance, the use of a cork is revamped by changing its function to serve as a weight that seals an inner glass cylinder. Each piece boasts a dual composition of interior and exterior components that make up the impeccably designed jars. Preserves by Mathias Hahn will surely appeal to both jam and design aficionados.
'Preserves' by Mathias Hahn Revamps the Traditional Jam Jar
1. Modernist Food Storage - Incorporating industrial materials and modernist design into food storage containers.
2. Revamped Preservation Techniques - Updating classical methods of food preservation for the modern era through innovative design.
3. Multifunctional Food Storage - Creating food storage containers that serve multiple functions beyond simply preserving food, such as sealing and weighing.
1. Food Packaging Industry - Incorporating more modernist design and industrial materials into food packaging.
2. Kitchenware Industry - Developing new food storage solutions that combine aesthetics and functionality.
3. Home Decor Industry - Creating decorative food storage containers that double as functional kitchen tools.