Japanese gaming technology giant Nintendo has unveiled a brand new portable gaming device that is a significant upgrade over other similar offers out there on the market, due to the fact that it brings together the best features of handheld consoles and the bigger consoles that you stash under your television.
Dubbed the Nintendo Switch, this particular portable gaming console allows you to make use of different modes. For example, you can unfold its stand to enjoy a tablet and screen setup in conjunction with wireless controllers, but you can even go about plugging the system into a big screen at home and use it like a regular console.
This portable gaming device will appeal to people who want to game at home and out on the go and don't want to have to use two separate solutions.
The Nintendo Switch Combines the Best Of Console and Handheld Gaming
1. Hybrid Gaming Consoles - The combination of handheld and traditional console features provides an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the gaming industry.
2. Flexible Gaming Modes - The versatility in gaming modes, such as tablet and screen setup or connecting to a big screen, opens up possibilities for disruptive innovation in portable gaming devices.
3. Seamless Gaming Experience - The integration of home and on-the-go gaming in a single device creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the portable gaming market.
1. Gaming Industry - The Nintendo Switch sets a precedent for hybrid gaming consoles, which could lead to disruptive innovation in the gaming industry.
2. Electronics Industry - The development of portable gaming devices with flexible gaming modes presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the electronics industry.
3. Entertainment Industry - The seamless gaming experience provided by the Nintendo Switch could drive disruptive innovation in the entertainment industry by merging console and handheld gaming.