It's a common habit to place the handset of a cordless phone somewhere other than its charging station after use, but the Pophone concept kindly asks you not to. It's not just for the convenience of locating it later or the need to keep it juiced up, but the two halves of this gadget simply don't look complete when separated.
Gaspar Ventura's unique design becomes an elegant cylindrical device when both parts are placed together. A curved brushed aluminum veneer surrounds the set which protects the black plastic within, concealing the dialpad and the LED screen. While one might call the Pophone concept streamlined, it is anything but small and sleek. There's a great benefit to being able to handle such an appliance, and its scale celebrates its graceful form.
The Pophone Concept Brings Bulky Buzzers Back into Style
1. Cylindrical Design - Opportunity to innovate in design by embracing cylindrical shapes and make them more popular in diverse products.
2. Cordless Phone Simplification - Opportunity to create simpler cordless phones that attract younger generations but still cater to the usage of older generations.
3. Smart Landline Phones - Opportunity to integrate smartphone features like video calls, app connectivity, and touchscreens into landline phones, re-adapting them to modern needs.
1. Telecommunications - Manufacturers can innovate in designing more attractive landline phones that appeal to people for home and office use.
2. Consumer Electronics - Manufacturers can create a broader range of cordless landline phones that will suit different age groups with varying needs.
3. Design - Product designers can leverage the concept of cylindrical design to create more elegant and unique products that can bring a new aesthetic to a range of products.