Instead of staring at a boring, regular wall clock, you could be watching an epic (although fictional) battle of pong being played out on your wall. That's right, the legendary game that started it all, Pong, has now been made into a functional time piece that screams, "I'm not a nerd." Wait, that's not true.
Implications - Classic video games that were once deemed strictly nerdy are taking on a new twist by becoming chic home decor accessories. This trend reflects how what is typically considered "nerdy" is being remixed and valued on its known its cleverness and surprisingly, its good taste. Other industries can take traditionally "nerdy" stereotypes and put a modern spin on it, making it cool.
The Legendary Game Finally Becomes a Wall Clock
1. Chic Video Game Decor - Classic video games are being transformed into stylish home decor accessories.
2. Redefining Nerd Culture - Nerdy stereotypes are being remixed and valued for their cleverness and good taste.
3. Modernizing Retro Gaming - Traditional video games are being given a contemporary twist.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can tap into the trend of transforming classic video games into stylish accessories.
2. Pop Culture Merchandise - The pop culture merchandise industry can embrace the redefinition of nerd culture and cater to the growing demand for clever and tasteful products.
3. Gaming Accessories - The gaming accessories industry can explore the opportunity to modernize retro gaming by creating contemporary versions of traditional games.