These two Star Wars election posters look like they are promotions for a presidential campaign far, far away, proving once again that the Star Wars theme can be integrated with just about anything.
People have been begging for the chance to buy these Obama-inspired posters from the designer, but there are a lot of copyright issues involved making it impossible thus far.
Implications - Political satire has extended itself beyond cartoon caricatures and late-night television segments. Consumers are able to wear their desire to mock the consumerism of presidential marketing campaigns by also engaging in consumption. This reflects how important political figures impact not simply politics, but also a variety of industries including marketing, advertising, fashion and souvenir-style objects.
Star Wars Presidential Election Posters
1. Political Satire - Opportunities for creative and humorous expressions of political commentary through various mediums.
2. Consumer Engagement - The ability for consumers to participate in and express their opinions on political campaigns through merchandise and consumer goods.
3. Cross-industry Collaboration - The merging of political themes with different industries, such as marketing, advertising, fashion, and merchandise.
1. Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunities to integrate political themes into advertising campaigns and brand strategies.
2. Fashion - Opportunities to create politically-themed clothing and accessories to engage consumers and express their political views.
3. Merchandise - Opportunities to design and sell politically-themed merchandise and souvenirs, allowing consumers to show support for their preferred candidates.