Plug + Play is an ingeniously fun kit that instantly gives a one-man music show the stage presence of a big band. In particular, it targets electronic musicians whose full creative force is often expressed behind closed doors in a studio. The mastermind behind the Plug + Play kit, Neil Merry, a recent graduate of London’s Royal College of Art, reasons that they are very much "unlike a guitarist or vocalist who can command a stage and create a sense of visual drama."
The Plug + Play kit gives these artists an upper hand. It is comprised of four sensors that connect to any part of a live set (guitar, microphone, etc) as well as a standard music software that responds to the musician's specific movements. Complete with lights, it will rock people's worlds.
Plug + Play by Neil Merry Gives Solo Musicians a Big Band Feel
1. Solo Performance Tech - Developing sensor-based and intuitive technology to enhance the stage presence of solo musicians.
2. Electronic Music Innovation - Advancing music technology to make electronic music creation and performance easier for solo artists.
3. Multi-instrument Integration - Integrating sensors and software to allow solo musicians to play multiple instruments and emulate a full band sound.
1. Music Technology - Creating innovative music tech that enables solo artists to perform like a full band, tapping into the growing trend of electronic and solo music.
2. Live Performance Equipment - Developing new equipment specifically for solo artists that makes it easier for them to perform live with a big band sound.
3. Music Education - Incorporating sensor-based technology into music education to teach students more about electronic music creation and solo performance.