At the recent Smart Home Show in Birmingham, UK, high-tech home designers showed off the latest ways to pimp your house.
Designers can add mood lighting, TV, DVD, music, surround sound, CCTV and so much more, and control everything from panels placed in strategic locations throughout the living space.
To keep speakers out of the way, you could install them in the ceiling. Or, for a truly advanced option, you could opt for an entire wall that serves as speakers. A series of tiny but powerful speakers installed behind a wall, which is actually made of special mesh, will dissipate sound across the entire surface.
Other cool gadgets include a bathroom mirror which doubles as a plasma tv.
But it's not just about the gadgetry; it's about the design. At least one designer prefers to add false walls to cover the cables and to recess the plasma screens. So if you don't mind losing a little bit of floorspace, you can have a much cleaner design.
1. Smart Home Technology - Opportunity to integrate advanced technology into homes, such as mood lighting, surround sound, and smart appliances.
2. Innovative Audio Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create powerful speakers that are hidden in walls and ceilings, providing a seamless audio experience.
3. Integrating Design and Technology - Opportunity to combine aesthetics and functionality, incorporating false walls and recessed screens to create a cleaner and visually pleasing home design.
1. Home Automation - Industry that offers smart home systems and technologies that can be integrated into houses.
2. Audio Equipment - Industry that can develop and produce innovative speakers and audio solutions for hidden installation.
3. Interior Design - Industry that can merge technology and design to create visually appealing and functional living spaces with hidden installations and integrated gadgets.