The Pick a Lock Expert ad from L'Oreal Men is the hilarious third instalment in the brand's series of ads using the expert figure. The lock picking ad subverts expectation by making the viewer believe that they are going to learn how to break open a lock; the expert figure picks out a lock haphazardly from the bunch shown.
The Pick a Lock Expert ad works well because of its use of humor and the fact that it is part of a larger series. Stay tuned for the final instalment in this campaign.
Implications - Internet users are being increasingly bombarded by ads that they are learning to tune out. Digital media strategists need to leverage humor to promote brand rather than push promote individual products. Companies should work on developing online campaigns that are part of a series.
Pick a Lock Expert from L'Oreal Reveals a Technique Anyone Can Use
1. Humorous Advertising - Businesses can incorporate humor into their advertising strategies to capture the attention of viewers and promote their brand.
2. Series-based Marketing Campaigns - Developing a marketing campaign that is part of a larger series can keep viewers engaged and interested in a brand over a longer period of time.
3. Non-traditional Advertising Techniques - Companies can experiment with unconventional advertising techniques, like the humorous lock-picking ad from L'Oreal Men, to break through the clutter and grab viewers' attention.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers and advertisers can incorporate humorous ads and series-based campaigns to promote products and engage audiences.
2. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can experiment with unconventional advertising techniques to stand out in a crowded market and increase brand awareness.
3. Media and Entertainment - Media and entertainment companies can use humor and series-based strategies to promote their content, create buzz, and attract viewership.