Tokyo fashion label Phigvel Makers Co. unveiled its new Spring/Summer 2018 lookbook and it draws a heavy American influence. The American aesthetic is specifically focused on its vintage workwear looks, translated through the garment's silhouettes.
Overall, the new Phigvel Makers Co. Spring/Summer 2018 collection delivers a blend of the label's Japanese heritage and an American influence. Some of the classic pieces in the series include double-breasted jackets and informal suiting for work, and delivers more relaxed silhouettes with t-shirts and breton tees. The brand draws attention with standout items such as collarless liner jackets, padded vests, and a cardigan that draws inspiration from the Japanese kimono. The color palette of the series is relatively muted, offering neutral earthy tones while delivering of gray, white, and navy blue as well.
Image Credit Phigvel Makers Co.
Phigvel Makers Co.'s New Capsule Explores American Workwear Looks
1. American-inspired Workwear - Opportunity to innovate by combining American vintage workwear with modern materials and technology.
2. Japanese-american Fusion - Disruptive innovation potential by merging Japanese heritage with American styles and influences.
3. Neutral Earthy Tones - Opportunity to create disruptive designs by utilizing muted, neutral earthy tones in fashion collections.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can tap into the trend of American workwear and Japanese-American fusion to create unique clothing lines.
2. Textile - Textile industry can explore innovative fabrics and materials to enhance the American workwear and Japanese-American fusion trends.
3. Retail - Retail industry can capitalize on the popularity of neutral earthy tones in their product offerings, attracting customers seeking a natural aesthetic.