Historic shoe brand PF Flyers is once again tapping into their historic footwear vaults. This time they set their time-traveling clocks to the year 1947 and have brought back the PF Flyers Spring Sumfun sneaker. Displaying black, natural canvas, Sky Blue, Kelly Green, and Navy colorways, the fair-weather kicks are perfect for all the shenanigans associated with the spring and summer.
Be sure to check out the entire collection above.
Implications - With North American sneaker designs becoming increasingly complex, consumers are becoming apathetic towards elaborately adorned shoes. In response to this public apathy, shoe companies are releasing a line of simplistic shoes to differentiate themselves from competitors. Corporations looking to stand out from their peers may consider simplifying product designs rather than complicating them.
The Proudly Pastel PF Flyers Spring 2010 Sumfun Shoe
1. Simplistic Shoe Designs - Shoe companies are releasing a line of simplistic shoes to differentiate themselves from competitors, presenting an opportunity for corporations to simplify their own product designs.
2. Historic Footwear Revival - Historic shoe brands like PF Flyers are tapping into their archives and bringing back classic designs, indicating an opportunity to revive and re-introduce nostalgic products.
3. Seasonal Colorway Releases - Shoe brands are launching sneakers with colorways specifically designed for different seasons, suggesting an opportunity for businesses to create and market season-specific product variations.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can explore simplified shoe designs to cater to consumer demand for minimalist and understated options.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands and designers can take inspiration from historic shoe revivals to create unique and nostalgic pieces that resonate with consumers.
3. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the trend of seasonal colorway releases by diversifying their product offerings and providing customers with specialized options for different seasons.