Children who grew up in the late 90s likely have fond memories of the adventures of Pokemon collector Ash and his adorable army of adorable killing machines.
Well, an artist by that goes by the name of EatToast (real name Kelsey Wailes), has taken that childhood nostalgia and turned it into strangely compelling nightmare fuel. The images were posted to her DeviantArt account, and are also for sale.
It's easy to imagine that if one were so inclined, these putrid-looking Pokemon are what it would look like if there was a horror movie reboot of the popular children's franchise. Since the ugliness is so obviously done on purpose, it's a completely admirable effort to do something with the franchise.
This Deviant Artist Turns Cute Pokemon Into Scary Figurines
1. Distorted Toy Figures - Creating distorted toy figures that cater to adults opens up opportunities for niche collectors markets
2. Horror Adaptations - Reimagining familiar popular culture franchises with a scary twist can create a buzz and attract new audiences
3. Nostalgic Nightmares - Playing with nostalgia and comic relief by mixing popular culture and horror themes can be a unique artistic opportunity
1. Toy Manufacturing - Partnering with artists and designers to create unique and edgy toy lines can differentiate from traditional toy offerings
2. Pop Culture Merchandise - Exploring new product lines and variations within pop culture merchandise can appeal to diverse audience preferences
3. Artistic Collectibles - Utilizing popular characters and iconic images in artistic and unusual ways can create distinctive collectible products