There have been some very creative footwear creations in the past, but nothing like the Pernilla Collection. A series of wooden platforms that are as clunky as their original state, the Pernilla Collection is sure to challenge even the most seasoned runway model. Perhaps only the likes of Lady Gaga would be able to pull these off.
Designed by Swiss-born, London-based fashion artist Cat Potter, the Pernilla Collection was inspired by the wooden sculptures of Australian artist Ricky Swallow. Full of odd angles, straight lines and bold silhouettes, the shoes were created in collaboration with Edinburgh-based 3D product design agency, DotSan.
The Pernilla Collection is currently on display at the Shoe Galleries at Selfridges London. It was awarded the Jimmy Choo MA Final Collection Award for Excellence 2012.
The Pernilla Collection by Cat Potter is Inspired by the Art of Ricky Swallow
1. Wooden Platform Shoes - Designing art-inspired wooden platforms with odd angles, straight lines & bold silhouettes can be disruptive to the footwear industry as it offers a unique selling proposition.
2. Collaboration with 3D Product Design Agencies - Partnering with 3D product design agencies to create unique footwear designs can disrupt the shoe industry by enabling designers to create more innovative and avant-garde shoe designs.
3. Art-inspired Shoes - The creation of art-inspired shoes can disrupt the fashion industry as it offers a new way to look at fashion by merging art and design.
1. Footwear Industry - The footwear industry can capitalize on art-inspired, unusual designs like the Pernilla Collection to attract customers looking for unique and statement pieces.
2. Fashion Design Industry - The fashion design industry can disrupt the traditional ideas of design by looking to other artists and designers such as Ricky Swallow for inspiration.
3. 3D Product Design Industry - The 3D product design industry can capitalize on unique collaborations with fashion designers to showcase their expertise and create innovative designs for companies like DotSan.