"So you've got the latest WiFi-capable smartphone and a Nintendo DS Lite with you, and you're itching for some gaming session with a little email on the side. How are you going to find the nearest WiFi hotspot in order to get going? That task is made simple with this $18.95 pen that comes with a built-in WiFi finder." - UberGizmo
Implications - If you're searching for WiFi and you don't have a smartphone or laptop, then the WiFi detector pen is what you need.
This nifty little gadget will help you search for the hotspots as you stroll through the streets praying that you'll be able to send your e-mail soon. Simply push the button on the barrel and detect signals within a 50 foot radius. The strength of the signal is displayed with green, red and yellow LEDs.
1. Wifi Detector Pens - A growing trend of small gadgets combining traditional office tools with WiFi detectors create enhanced user experience for on-the-go professionals.
2. Smartphone-less Wifi Access - Innovations in WiFi detection technology offer solutions for individuals without access to smartphones or laptops.
3. Converging Technologies - The combination of different technologies on small devices like pens highlight the opportunity for miniaturization and convergence of multiple functionalities.
1. Office Supplies and Tools - Traditional office supplies like pens could benefit from integrating modern technology for enhanced functionality.
2. Consumer Electronics - The demand for easy access to technology and more compact forms drives innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
3. Telecommunications and Networking - Advancements in the area of networking technologies drive innovation in the telecommunications industry.